You are not alone: Common facts about Stress
- Millions of Australians suffer from stress every year
- 3 of out 4 people say they experience stress at least twice a month
- Over half of those people say they suffer from 'high' levels of stress at least twice a month
- Stress can contribute to heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, and make you more susceptible to everyday illnesses, like the common cold. It can also contribute to alcoholism, obesity, drug addiction, cigarette use, depression, and other harmful behaviours.
- In the last 20 year, the number of people reporting that stress affects their work has gone up more than four times. (whereas the number of people reporting that other illnesses affect their work have gone down).
- 25% of all drugs prescribed in Australia are for the treatment of stress
FACT: There are simple steps you can take right now to help reduce your stress!
More About Stress:
Want to learn how to reduce your stress contact Samantha at AQUA Psychology today on 1300 811 499